Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a vocabulary lesson... by Croix Taylor

An⋅tic⋅i⋅pa⋅tion

    [an-tis-uh-pey-shuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation  

–noun
1.waiting for five week old son to poop his pants after a 36 hour strike

the act of anticipating or the state of being anticipated.
2.realization in advance; foretaste.
3.expectation or hope.
4.previous notion; slight previous impression.


Ar⋅ma⋅ged⋅don

    [ahr-muh-ged-n] Show IPA Pronunciation  
–noun
1.Said son finally EXPLODES!!!! and there is poop seeping out of all possible areas of diaper!

the place where the final battle will be fought between the forces of good and evil (probably so called in reference to the battlefield of Megiddo. Rev. 16:16).
2.the last and completely destructive battle: The arms race can lead to Armageddon.

Se⋅ren⋅i⋅ty

    [suh-ren-i-tee] Show IPA Pronunciation  
–noun, plural -ties for 2.
1.the peace you feel knowing you and your son do NOT have to go through the anguish of a suppository

the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; sereneness.
2.(usually initial capital lettera title of honor, respect, or reverence, used in speaking of or to certain members of royalty (usually prec. by his, your, etc.).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

been there done that! I'm glad he is back on track :)

Donnetta said...

Fantastic use of vocabulary!! :)

The Obergs said...

I love this, what a clever post! He is so cute and you are looking great, I hope post-pregnancy is as kind to me.

I'm feeling good but I am starting to get to that real uncomfortable stage where it hurts to stay in any one position too long. I'm just trying to enjoy it now though, because I keep telling myself that the next 6 weeks weeks are just going to get worse... We'll see if I survive, my tailbone already feels like it's being crushed.

THE WOODWORTHS said...

That is so funny. I think you need to keep up the blogging because I am looking to you as my crash course on babies. I didn't even think about the possiblity of exploding diapers. Oh yikes. They don't write about that in "What to expect when your expecting."

p.s. You and your little man look great. He's so cute

Kattie said...

I love that! Cohen used to only go poop like once a week so dont worry! The doctros kept telling me it was normal but I beg to differ:) I dont wait a week so why should they. And I had to do the suppository three times, it was so sad. I am glad he quit the strike so you could be at peace. HE is SOOO cute